The headings of the clauses in this Agreement are for purposes of convenience and reference only and shall not be used in the interpretation, nor modify or amplify the terms of this Agreement nor any clause hereof. Unless a contrary intention appears-
- When any number of days is prescribed in this Agreement, same shall be reckoned exclusively of the first and inclusively of the last day unless the last day is not a business day, in which case the last day shall be the next succeeding business day.
- The expiration or termination of this Agreement shall not affect such of the provisions of this Agreement as expressly provide that they will operate after any such expiration or termination or which of necessity must continue to have effect after such expiration or termination, notwithstanding that the clauses themselves do not expressly provide for this.
- References to broadband terminology such as “contented” and “uncapped” have the meaning ascribed to such terms in the ISPA Guidelines and Recommendations on Broadband Terminology.
- The definitions and rules of interpretation in this clause apply in this agreement.
- “Agreement” means this services agreement read with the Order, Acceptable Use Policy and the Fair Use Policy;
- “Customer” means the person described in the Order;
- “Effective Date” means the date the Equipment is installed and the Service is activated.
- “Equipment and/or Services” means the items listed and described in the Order and all ancillary equipment required for a standard or non-standard installations, such as poles and brackets;
- “Party” means either Rapidnet or the Customer, and “Parties” means both Rapidnet and the Customer;
- “Order” means the web-based electronic order completed by the Customer;
- “Rapidnet” means Rapidnet Broadband (Pty) Ltd, with registration number 2013/232446/07;
- “Schedule of Fees” means the fees set out in the Order;
- “Service Levels” means a level of service as to which Rapidnet’s performance of the Services must conform and is a standard for performance of the Services; and
Products, services and standards
- Equipment and Services
- Rapidnet agrees to provide the Equipment and Services set out in the Order subject to the terms of this Agreement.
- Rapidnet reserves the right to control, direct and establish technical procedures for the use of the Equipment and Services and the Customer agrees to follow the reasonable instructions and procedures of the Provider with respect to the use thereof;
- The Customer shall ensure at all times that its use of the Equipment and Services, including its connection of any apparatus to any network used to deliver the Services is in accordance with all applicable telecommunications, data protection and other laws, licences and regulation; and
- Rapidnet warrants that it has the necessary consents, licences or agreements required for the provision of the Services.
- Performance Standards
- The Service is a best-effort service, which means that Rapidnet does not provide any guarantees that data is delivered or that that the Customer will be provided a guaranteed quality of service level or a certain priority. All customers of the Service obtain best-effort service, meaning that they obtain unspecified variable bit rate and delivery time, depending on the current traffic load.Accordingly, advertised and contracted bandwidth speeds are maximum speeds that are not guaranteed.
- Technical support should be requested only where the performance of the Service is consistently below the advertised maximum bandwidth speed divided by the advertised contention ratios.Web-based speed-tests are not reliable and will not be accepted by Rapidnet as conclusive proof of non-performance by Rapidnet. If a support call is logged with Rapidnet, Rapidnet shall use industry accepted tests in a controlled test environment to verify the performance of the Service.
- WiFi coverage is dependent on building structure and is not guaranteed to propagate to the entire dwelling. The Customer may add additional Access points at his/her own cost to extend the coverage area.
- Rapidnet shall use commercially reasonable endeavours to remedy any failure to meet the Service Levels as prescribed in the End User Service and Subscriber Service Charter Regulations, 2016, provided that support for technical and billing issues must be logged telephonically, by email or in the online customer portal.
Costs and charges
- Rapidnet agrees to provide the Equipment and the Services in accordance with the Schedule of Fees.
- Rapidnet will measure usage of Equipment and Services in accordance with Rapidnet’s policy as set out in the Schedule of Fees.
- The charges for the Services and the Equipment will be invoiced monthly in advance and is payable by way of a debit order instruction to be processed on the first business day of the month.
- The Customer will pay or reimburse Rapidnet for any and all sales and use taxes, duties or levies imposed by any authority, government, or government agency (other than the property taxes and taxes levied on Rapidnet’s net income) in connection with the Equipment and Services provided herein.
- Installation fees- cover the costs of labour and other expenses incurred in the installation of the service, and does not cover Equipment costs.
- Reconnection fees – A reconnection fee of R99.00 will be charged where Rapidnet has suspended services for non-payment. The reconnection fee will be drawn with the next debit order.
- Early termination fee – Early cancellation fees are calculated as the value of 4 months of fees being charged to the Customer at the time of the cancellation.
- Other Charges – The Customer agrees to pay all charges for maintenance and other service activities, and to pay for loss or damages to the Products caused by:
- use of the Equipment and Services for purposes other than those for which they were designed;
- failing to maintain a suitable operating environment ; and
- Any loss or damage to the Equipment at the replacement value of the Equipment;
Risk, Title and ownership
- Risk of loss or damage to the equipment transfers to the Customer on the installation thereof.
- Customer hereby acknowledges that the Customer has no right, title or interest in the Equipment, and that title to the Equipment shall at all times remain with Rapidnet.
- The Customer agrees not to modify, alter, repair, attempt to repair, or in any way to tamper with the Equipment provided to the Customer without the express written consent of Rapidnet (“Modification”).
- In the event of such Modification, Rapidnet shall be completely released from any liability or obligation (including any warranty or indemnity obligation) for any costs or damages incurred by Rapidnet (including damage to Rapidnet network) caused by such Modification.
Site environment and facilities
- The Customer shall be responsible for making available, at no cost to Rapidnet, accommodation, power, space, including mast space, ducting and other facilities for the purposes of installing and housing the Equipment required for the provision of the Services to the Customer.
- The Customer will permit reasonable access to the Customer’s premises, during normal business hours, for the purpose of installation, inspection, maintenance, service, repair, replacement, relocation and removal of Equipment and for the purpose of performing any acts contemplated by this Agreement.
- Rapidnet shall provide the following standard Equipment for a standard installation.
- 1 X L Shape bracket
- 4 X Sleeve anchors
- 30M Cable
- 1 X wireless Radio
- 1 X WiFi Router
- Any non-standard Equipment shall be for the cost of the Customer. Customer will be advised of any non-standard requirements after a site survey has been conducted.
- Rapidnet warrants that all Equipment and Services provided will be in good working order on the day installed, and certified by Rapidnet ready for use, and that they will conform to Rapidnet’s service specifications.
- Thereafter, Rapidnet will make such adjustments, repairs, and parts replacement necessary to maintain the Equipment and Services in working order pursuant to Rapidnet’s specifications.
- The express warranties contained in this agreement are in lieu of all other warranties, representations and guarantees of any kind by Rapidnet. Except as expressly set forth in this agreement, all products, services and other materials (if any) are furnished by Rapidnet and accepted by the Customer “as is”. All other warranties, whether statutory, express or implied, are specifically excluded and disclaimed by Rapidnet.
- Rapidnet does not warrant that the Products, Services or any other materials provided hereunder will meet the Customer’s requirements or that they or their access or use will be uninterrupted, error free, or completely secure, except as expressly provided in this clause.
- In all situations involving performance or non-performance of Equipment and Services furnished under this Agreement, the Customer’s sole remedy is adjustment or repair of the Equipment and Services.
Limitation of liability
- The Parties agree that, in the event of a breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement, the defaulting Party shall be liable to the other Party for all losses which constitute direct and/or general damages, provided that such liability for damages shall be limited to the actual payments made by Customer to Rapidnet in the previous twelve months.
- Neither Party shall be liable to the other for any losses which constitute indirect, special or consequential damages.
Term and termination
- This Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date and shall continue for a period of as set out in the Initial Term, and continue indefinitely thereafter until or unless terminated by either Party giving to the other not less than one full calendar months’ prior written notice, subject always to prior termination as provided for in this clause.
- During the Initial Term, the Customer shall not be entitled to downgrade the Customer’s Services. A downgrade request during the Initial Term will be treated as a cancellation subject to an Early termination fee and the downgraded services shall be dealt with as a new service being provisioned.
- Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies to which the Parties may be entitled, either Party may terminate this Agreement without liability to the other if the other Party commits a breach of any of the material terms of this Agreement and fails to remedy that breach within 14 calendar days of that Party being notified in writing of the breach.
- A customer cancellation shall not be processed and Rapidnet shall continue to invoice and collect payment from the Customer if the Customer does not make sufficient arrangements with Rapidnet for the collection of its Equipment.
Data privacy and protection
- Each Party’s data shall be and remain the property of that Party. Neither Party shall divulge the data of the other Party to third parties (unless provided otherwise in this Agreement or in law) and a Party shall use the data of the other Party only for purposes of this Agreement.
- Neither Party shall possess or assert any lien or other right against or to the other Party’s data, or sell, assign, lease or otherwise dispose of the other Party’s data, or any part thereof, to third parties.
Rapidnet shall have no liability to the Customer (including for the replacement of Equipment) under this Agreement if it is prevented from or delayed in performing its obligations under this Agreement, or from carrying on its business, by acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of Rapidnet or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport or telecommunications network, an act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood or storm.
The Customer may lodge any unresolved complaints with the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa.
- A waiver of any right under this Agreement is only effective if it is in writing and it applies only to the Party to whom the waiver is addressed and to the circumstances for which it is given.
- Unless specifically provided otherwise, rights arising under this Agreement are cumulative and do not exclude rights provided by law.
- If any provision (or part of a provision) of this Agreement is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force.
- If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision would be valid, enforceable or legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the commercial intention of the Parties.
- This Agreement, and any documents referred to in it, constitute the whole agreement between the Parties and supersede any previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between them relating to the subject matter they cover.
- Each of the Parties acknowledges and agrees that in entering into this Agreement it does not rely on any undertaking, promise, assurance, statement, representation, warranty or understanding (whether in writing or not) of any person (whether party to this Agreement or not) relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, other than as expressly set out in this Agreement.
- The Customer shall not, without the prior written consent of Rapidnet, assign, transfer, charge, sub-contract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement.
- Rapidnet may at any time assign, transfer, charge, sub-contract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement.
Each of the Parties chooses their respective addresses for the purposes of giving any notice, the payment of any sum, the serving of any process and for any other purposes arising from this Agreement, as follows:
- Customer – the contact details in the Order
- Rapidnet – 76 Kyalami Boulevard, Kyalami Office Park, Kyalami
- To ensure minimum disruption to Service to the Customer, Customer must give Rapidnet at least one calendar months’ notice of its intention to move premises, together with full details of the new premises.
- All requests for the Service at new premises shall be subject to a feasibility study.
- If, after a feasibility study has been conducted it is evident that it is:
- Feasible to deliver the same service at the new premises, then Customer shall be liable to Rapidnet for payment of a relocation fee equal to the then current prices for standardor non-standard installations;
- not feasible to provide a similar Service to the new premises, Rapidnet shall suggest an alternative service to be provided to the Customer as a replacement service and the Customer shall be obliged to procure from Rapidnet such replacement service as best meets the Customer’s technical requirements.
- In the event that it is not possible to provide the Customer with the same or an alternative Service at the new premises, it shall be regarded with as an early termination and the standard early termination fee will apply.
Acceptable and Fair Use Policies
Rapidnet’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and Fair Use Policy (FUP) is available at www.rapidnet.co.za/legal.
By purchasing a Service, the Customer agrees to abide by the AUP and FUP and these terms and conditions.